Advanced Life Planning
Once you have the core elements in place (see Starter in Life Planning), there are some more advanced life planning tools and techniques that can be used:-
- Build a Strategy – a high level plan on how you plan to achieve the Vision of the future you have set out.
- Do a SWOT Analysis – a self assessment tool to help you identify key abilities about yourself.
- Do a PESTLE Analysis – assessment of the world around you
- Consider the Stakeholders, the Who – consider the people around you that are impacted by the goals you have.
- Consider the key Life Events – plan for the expected; those events which we’re quite sure will happen to us. First job, marriage, buying a home, having kids, retirement, etc.
- Write a Journal – writing about your thoughts.
- Start a Bucket List – a list of the thing you really want to do in life. Travel, experiences, etc
- Create some Habits – not just in your head, but actually written down.
- Start a Vision Board – aka, an Image Board. A visual reminder of your Vision and Goals.
The advanced life planning tools add another layer to your thinking as you plan your goals, and as you do the actions.
As a reminder, the reason behind these tools is to help you design the life that you want. Yours to own and yours to live. Not anyone else’s